Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

0.5mg Propecia Dose Results?

Has anyone cut their propecia dose down to 0.5mg and got less sides? I read on here that it's just as effective as 1mg and I get pretty noticeable sides on this dose. Does it make a difference as far as hair loss goes?

Thanks.

Top Hair Loss Treatments and billy_baldman have reacted to this post.
Top Hair Loss Treatmentsbilly_baldman

In theory and based on the studies covering this question, 0.5mg shouldn't make a significant difference in terms of hair loss compared to the full 1mg Propecia dose. This is because both 0.5mg and 1mg reduce DHT by a similar amount (~65%). However, it seems unlikely that 0.5mg would be any better in terms of side effects because side effects are caused by reduced DHT.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has tried different doses and noticed improved results or reduced side effects?

I bought pro scar generic and cut into really small bits I don't know the exacts as the pills crumbled a lot in cutting but I just take a small piece every other day and it works for me

Top Hair Loss Treatments has reacted to this post.
Top Hair Loss Treatments

Been taking 0.25mg every day for around 5 years. Never had any side effects and managed to keep my hair during this time.

Quote from JWC on November 18, 2018, 4:41 am

Has anyone cut their propecia dose down to 0.5mg and got less sides? I read on here that it's just as effective as 1mg and I get pretty noticeable sides on this dose. Does it make a difference as far as hair loss goes?

Thanks.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2740403/

I saw someone post this paper on one of the articles on here. Tldr basically it doesnt matter what fin dose you take for 5A reduction but 5B reduction is dose dependent. 5B is the one that is very important for sexual sides and so on so in theory you could reduce the dose and still keep your hair without suffering as bad side effets.